Friday, January 21, 2011

updates

A couple of updates for all of you out there...



About a month ago I set a goal to grab the Le Creuset 4 .5 qt dutch oven and trivet while on sale at the beloved Williams Sonoma...and guess what?  I made it!  I picked up those delicious pieces yesterday!!!  $75 saved because of the sale.  SCORE!

And {another} guess what!  For our 12th anniversary we stopped at the Le Creuset outlet and picked up the 13.25 qt oven...at 40% off the outlet price!  DOUBLE SCORE!!  (happy anniversary to us!  happy anniversary to us!...)  We got the red (which is beautiful but the colbalt...ohhhh the colbalt) simply because the outlet doesn't carry the 13.25 qt in colbalt...our chioces were red or black...and for a 40% savings (off the outlet price)...well we just couldn't justify paying full price at Williams just to get the cobalt.  So, I guess when you think about it, we saved about 55% off this piece since the outlet prices tend to be about 15% savings off of Williams Sonoma prices.  TRIPLE SCORE!!!

And yes, we've used these pieces already.  The first time I used the 13.25 qt. oven was to make turkey, rice & lentil soup.  I got 5 ginormous dinners (4 to freeze) and 1 lunch out of the ONE pot...luuu-huuu-huuuv that.  Brought the 4.5 qt. home yesterday and made shepherd's pie in it.  Can you see the smile on my face???  And now that we've used them, I can honestly say that these are the best things ever made!  I love how versatile they are, the ease of cleaning, the even cooking,...blah, blah, blah.  And if you don't have any of these pieces, may I say to you...go get one!  It is so worth the money.  It'll last you forever...I mean come on...it is cast iron.  And with the porcelain enamel inside, you won't spend forever cleaning it.

So here are the new additions to our quaint little kitchen:







Second update:
Thumbs are important.  And yes, they are.  It's been almost 4 weeks since I sliced my thumb.  The Dr. at the Urgent Care did a wonderful job stitching it up...it's healed beautifully, even though some the skin is still working it's way back to normal.  Yeah, but you know what's not normal?  The feeling.  I obviously severed the nerves because my thumb is almost numb...still.  Almost because I can't feel anything from the slice to the tip but almost not because it feels like it's getting shocked when touched in a certain way.  And almost not because it's waaaay tender too...all at the same time of being numb...whatever {roll eyes}.  The bummer thing is though, is that I am having to learn to write differently, that I keep dropping things when I try to hold something with that hand using that thumb because I can't feel if I'm grasping tight enough...and most of the time I'm not, so I drop whatever I am holding.  Watch out toes!...Let's not hurt you too!

So there.  Just to let you know.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Your the best writer! How can you make buying cookware so interesting?! And just so you know I'm seriously jealous of your new pieces!! Love them! I'm not sure when we're coming back. maybe next week. When we do we need to plan a time to take the kids to ice cream.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete