Tuesday, January 25, 2011

tournament

I know, I know.  You're thinking soccer or hockey or tennis, right?

I'm sure the first thing that came to your mind was NOT chess...am I right?  ...Well, that's what it was for us that day.


I love our school for so many reasons.  And one of those reasons is that they offer after-school activities for our kids.  After-school meaning they stay on campus right after school for the activity...which is key for me.  This means I don't have to run from place to place for a sport or other activity, like chess club...I just pick them up after it's over.  No pickin' up from school, driving to wherever, sitting there for 2 hours and then driving home in traffic. (YUCK!)  The things offered after school are easy on the schedule and make it easy for kids to be involved but yet not monopolize the whole afternoon and evening...nice.


ANYWAYS, it was Basil's first tournament and he did very well.  He got third in his age group and our school got 2nd in the County.





3 comments:

  1. Proud of you Basil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Basil!! Sarah, I like how you said after waiting for two hours, then you have to sit in traffic on the way home. Traffic in Bakersfield? Really Sarah? HAHA! BTW, we have been to Thai Orchid and love it. I love the Lobster Mac N Cheese. Also love your new Le Creuset!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly: I know, I know!!! You're thinking I don't know what traffic is. {hehe!!!} But remember we lived in Palos Verdes/South Redondo...can we say 405 fwy???

    ReplyDelete