Sunday, January 2, 2011

my coin purse

For the longest time we have talked about cast iron cookware.  We love the simplicity of them.  We love the practicality of them.  And after checking out different brands, we love the Le Creuset line.  They've been around forever and have an unsurpassable reputation.  So, we have finally decided to phase these incredible pieces into our kitchen.  And after talking with some people at Williams Sonoma, we have decided on the Cobalt Blue because 1.  we luuuuv that beeeaauutiful color and 2.  it's one of the classic colors they've had around forever.  The newer colors that are out are gorgeous but haven't been selling very well so those gals were unsure if the new colors would be around in the future...and we don't want to be stuck with a line of pots and pans that someday we can't add to (as far as matching colors) because it's discontinued in that color.  And we really don't want another array of colors since our kitchen is already so colorful.

We have decided to start with our small pot as our first phase-in.  Back and forth between the 4 1/2 qt. and the 5 1/2 qt., the 4 1/2 qt finally won out.  As of now, we are using a Calphalon 3 1/2 qt. pot and it is serving us well but let's face it, the kids are getting bigger and the 3 1/2 qt. is pushing it's limits already...and will render itself useless soon.  =(  We need for our small pot something bigger, but not too big.  Thus the 4 1/2 qt.  So here she is:

OMGsh.
Can't wait.


And if I can make my goal before the end of this month, we can get this AND the matching trivet on sale at Williams Sonoma---for less than the original price of the dutch oven alone!  WHOO-HOO!!!



So, a few more weeks and hopefully I'll have these two babies!
I think I can!  I think I can!  I think I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment