I learned these things in school. I read about it in journals. Even heard and seen it on TV. But it's not 'till one of 'ems outta commission that I realized how important thumbs really are.
Yes, one of mine is out of commission. On Monday while cleaning, not slicing or chopping but cleaning my knife I sliced my right one...good.
Got stitches.
ugh.
Swollen thumb.
grrr.
Still can't feel it too much...actually, it feels like a million needles poking it everytime it's touched, and yet is still numb. {roll eyes}
ohhhhh.
Total inconvenience.
blerg.
And now I am realizing how much I use my thumb...now that I can't use it.
Try opening raw eggs with one thumb. Not easy. Or folding laundry. Or buttoning shirts. Or putting a ponytail in your daughter's hair. Or even navigating the mouse precisely. All not easy.
But I'm surviving. (drama, drama I know.) =)
Oi. That looks like it hurts!! I'm so sorry! Hope you feel better soon. BTW, I would have passed out if I did that to myself.
ReplyDeleteI miss you guys already. I know ridiculous I finally get home and I miss you, but I do. I feel so torn between Bakersfield and L.A. maybe we need to move.
ReplyDeleteKris, yeah, it hurts still...but it'll be better soon! Can't wait til Feb.!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJessie, I miss you too so much! I got used to you being here and now that you're down south, I'm sad! =(
Maybe you DO need to move, permanently. =)