I love you, my precious, sweet sister.
But today on her 29th birthday, I am crying for her. Today, she is mourning the death of a precious little baby, Maggy Mae, whom Rebekah came to love through the baby house, His Cherished Ones, in Nakuru, Kenya. Along with other trials that she and her husband are facing at this moment, I know her heart has been broken from this loss. And yet, I know the hope she has within her; the hope found only in our most loving Lord, Jesus Christ. The hope that assures Rebekah, Troy, Trina (the incredible woman who established the baby house), and everyone else who came to know little Maggy Mae that she is now with her Heavenly Father, her Physician, who has fully and completely healed her frail little body.
So today I celebrate my sister. And today, I celebrate the life of Maggy Mae. But most of all, today I celebrate the hope found in our Heavenly Father. The Hope that grounds Rebekah. The Hope in whose arms Maggy has found rest.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Romans 15:13




thanks for sharing these lovely photos of your amazing sister. i'm so sad for her right now.
ReplyDeletebut so happy to get to read your blog! yay! it looks fabuloso!
oh, my sis! I love you! Thank you for this. I am honored to have you as my sister. I love you so much!
ReplyDelete