BY. HIMSELF.
{!!!!!!}
That's right.
He flew on a plane to Seattle without me. Without Jim. Without another family member. All by his lonesome.
He said he a a bit nervous as we were waiting for him to board his plane...but very excited. I told him he could always change his mind and stay with me...forever. =) He looked at me with a smile and his arm around my shoulders and said, "Mom, I must go."
Ohhh.
{Can you hear my heart tighten?}
I suppose that was the first of many of actually hearing my heart tighten, having to let go of my Little Bear.
After watching his plane leave the ground and praying for his protection as I watched it fly out of sight, the girls and I walked back to our truck. As soon as I got into my seat, I broke down in tears.
Yes, I know I'm a cry-baby...
He arrived at SeaTac in one piece, unscathed. Thank God. =)
The day of his arrival, after settling in at Grandma and Grandpa's, Marcia took Basil to Theo Chocolate Factory for a tour around their factory (and tastings of course).
Lots of texting back and forth. Phone calls every day.
He had such a great time alone with his grandparents.
Hi,
Dinner at the Space Needle was fun - and delicious! The Basils had seafood fettucini. They have now settled in for another "championship" game of Sorry. I think Basil's time at work with Bill today was fine. He got to drive the fork lift. He called me about an hour after I dropped him off because he left a Power Bar in the car. He survived without it and with the help of clam chowder for lunch.
We might go to a movie tomorrow. Which of the following are OK? Which ones hasn't he seen?
Cars 2 - opens tomorrow
Mr. Popper's Penguins
Pirates of the Carribean 4 / 3D - I might get sick!!
Green Lantern 3D - ???
IMAX Super 8
XMen First Class - ????
Love,
Mom
Dessert at the Space Needle...'Lava' something or another...
HUGE HIT!
As the sunsets...
At the Science Center Exhibit, Science of Fear:
Hi,
We had fun at the Mariner's game last night. They won as the "visiting" team Marlins couldn't play at home due to U2 concert conflict Saw the roof close.
Basil and I saw Cars 2 yesterday and did some shopping at Bel Square. Three new t-shirt from Penny's - not sure about the design on them??? Also bought a hat to replace the one he left on the plane. The hat has a "used" look - go figure!
No fishing today. All communication was left to last night. The boat guy called after we left for the stadium.
Dad's going to a car show. Basil prefers to hang with me so we're off to the Issaquah Farmers Market, etc. We've started some packing and found the apple/celery/peanut butter. Save the peanut butter for future use.
We'll head to the airport between 5:00-5:30. I don't think we will have long lines on a Saturday night; the cruise ship people come/go in the morning and afternoon.
I'll keep you posted.
Love,
Mom
Basil loved being up there, alone with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a very special time for him. I was glad, too. =)












No comments:
Post a Comment