Thursday, October 7, 2010

a go-to for jess

Ok Jess, in response to your post, here's a go-to for you...and for anyone else that might read my blog.  =)  It's one that my kids say, "Mom, you could open a restaurant and serve only this and you'd be the best restaurant in town!"  It's easy, serves 10 no prob, always the rave, and is super low-cal.


Alfredo Bake

1 bag penne pasta (I use the rice pasta from Trader's--no gluten--it's a great sub!)
1-2 lbs. sausage (depending on how much meat you are in the mood for)
1 jar red sauce
alfredo sauce (I make my own but you can get it at the market)
1 lb. mozzarella cheese, shredded

Cook pasta.  Brown sausage.  Add red sauce to the cooked sausage.  Combine alfredo sauce with pasta.  Put pasta in a 9 x 13, top with red sauce/sausage.  Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes.  Dump handfuls of mozzarella on top and bake for the last 10-15 minutes.




I usually serve this with a simple green salad.
I told you it's super low-cal.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Thanks Sarah. I looked back at mine and realized I posted the recipe wrong! Can you believe it. I'm a moron. So, if you were going to use it go back and look again...It's sausage not beef...it the sausage really tastes better with this one.

    I'm adding yours to my list. Excited to use it. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete