Tuesday, September 21, 2010

dang!

Probably the shortest post I'll ever make but I want to remember these little things in life and since I never "write it down" anymore...well, this will suffice.

AGES
Basil:  10
Julia:  8
Helena:  6

SHOES
Basil:  11 mens
Julia:  6.5 womens
Helena:  1 youth


P.S.
In the (almost) words of my sister, "Not sure why but I like comments.  I'm just saying."
I mean, what is that?  Is that why I started this blog so I could get an email stating that someone left a comment on my post?  No!  Of course not.  I started so I could slurp this blog into a book one day, you know, memory book thing.  But after a while of blogging and people commenting on my posts, I kinda got excited when someone left a comment.  And then it got to a point that when I didn't get a comment I got a little, "ohhhh...." --whatever weirdo.  But I guess it's like the whole letter in the mail thing.  You get letters in the mail every day--from the bank, the gas company, PG&E, your parole officer (HA!--just checkin' to see if your paying attention!)...you get the pic.  But it's not everyday that you get a letter from someone that lets you know they are thinking of you.  And isn't that what any personal letter is, even if it's a wedding invite or b-day party invite?  And I know I'm not the only one who gets a small rush of excitement and your heart pounds just a little bit faster when you see that letter.  Well, isn't that what it's like when you get comments on posts?  Emails come in all day long that don't really matter but when you get that 'comment left on your post' email, it could be equivocated to that personal letter...someone is thinking about you and wanted to share...right?  Well, thats what it is for me...and I like it.  The comment thing.


P.S.S.
I really don't have a parole officer.  Seriously.


P.S.S.S.
I guess it wasn't my shortest post.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/21/2010

    Let me be the first to write a comment!!! Well...what to write? Hmmmmm!!!! Shoes sizes...that's an interesting thing to post:-) I cannot beleive that Julia wears women's shoes...my baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basil is wearing size 11 MENS???? OMGosh! Your kiddos are so big!! And it just seems like yesterday that we were standing up at your wedding at partying like crazy at your reception. I miss you, buddy! Hug those kiddos for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You out into words what I cold not...and I totally love getting mail! Everyday I hope and everyday disappointed.

    ReplyDelete