I do not love you when you finally arrive because school days have begun.
I do not love you when you finally arrive because you bring brisk mornings, cool days, and nippy nights.
I do not love you when you finally arrive because Pumpkin Pie scented candles find their way into my home.
I do not love you when you finally arrive because the scarecrows awake from their slumber.
I do not love you when you finally arrive because gourds and pumpkins adorn my entryway walk.
I do not love you when you finally arrive because Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Pies, and Pumpkin Bread bake in my oven.
I do not love you when you finally arrive because soups simmer upon my stove top.
I do not love you when you finally arrive because Pumpkin Pancakes topped with Pumpkin Pecan Butter lay on our morning plates.
Even though those are all very nice reasons why I should love you...and if I am truly honest with myself, a big part of me really does love you for all of those reasons. But I really do love you simply because when you are here, you bring a warmth and coziness that your comrades cannot. They may try, and your dear friend, Winter, may fly on your coattails, but not one other can make me feel the way you do. So, with all of my heart, with all of my being, I sing, "Welcome Fall, my dearest friend."


LOVE FALL...almost done decorating for it! and please post more...I like reading them. Thanks.
ReplyDelete