The day after we got home we had a funeral for him, burying his remains in the backyard by the chicken house. While we were doing this, Pixie kept looking in the box his body had been in, going back to the grave and back to the box--she did this ??? many times and then took off. She returned a minute later with BamBam's bone and laid it on top of his grave...(hmm)...we all just looked at each other in amazement.
As we were talking about the things we loved about him, the one thing that had us all laughing about was the way he walked because of his back legs being bowed. =)
He was a very kind and loving little boy and will be missed greatly around this place.

oh, wow, Sar, that is horrible! I'm so sorry. I would have been crying as loud as your kids. I've never heard of a golden retriever being so violent. Just wow. That totally sucks. I hope all of you are doing ok. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks, buddy. We ARE doing ok. Pixie, our other dog is doing good too; Lena has been loving on her so much more since BamBam died. Love you so much!
ReplyDelete