Friday, March 4, 2011

game night...

...which happens to be many of the nights around here.  We luuuuv board games.  Specifically strategy board games, like Catan and Carcassone and Chess, but every once in a while we'll pull out the ol' Monopoly, just for pure competitive fun.  We start out the game on our own teams but by the half-way point there ALWAYS ends up some merger which usually starts the ruthless

'I'm gunna take you down'

spirit of the game...which usually leads to a total slaughter of the other players.
Lol.
Sort of.
I mean, if I am really honest, I am still trying to live what I preach about playing for the fun of the game but...let's face it...I.  Am. Competitive.

As the years have gone by, I have learned to mask those intense feelings that arise in me when playing a game; I have learned to play the Mom role pretty well.  But I said mask.  I didn't say moved beyond or conquered.  No.  I said mask.  And that's because when I play games, I still want to kick your butt!!!  =)  Of course, it's not all the time that I want to destroy my opponents {wink, wink with a big ol' smile} but it does still have its place in my twisted life sometimes.  Which makes it fun.  I have learned to not take life so seriously, not to get in arguments with my brothers {big mischievous smile} over a stupid game or be totally upset over losing...I guess that's the whole grown-up thing.  But, come on!  You know when there's a competitiveness in the game, it makes it that much more fun.  ...or maybe that's just me.  =)  Either way, that's how it is around this joint.  And we love it.






No comments:

Post a Comment