Today, I worked on our, what seems to be working out like this: annual springtime jam making project. This year I grabbed strawberries 'cause we luuuv strawberry jam...but we prefer it with not a lot of sugar, that way when we slather it on our heavily buttered, homemade-bread-turned-toast, we taste the sweet, red berries instead tastin' a big ol' glop of sugar on our homemade-bread-turned-toast.
Well, three flats (and I'm not talkin' just 3 plain ol' flats. I talkin' about 3 flats with Mt. Strawberry Everest sittin' on top) and 39 jars of strawberry jam later...my feet are tired and we're having pizza for dinner!
And they taste as good as they look!
Sarah! That is so cool. You have to teach me how to make jam.
ReplyDeleteSo...are some of those jars coming down this way?! They look great. Looking forward to seeing you when Nessa comes home.
ReplyDeleteSo, one of the things I miss most from Bako (besides you, of course!) are the strawberry patches all around town...full of yummy fresh CHEAP strawberries. Oh, how the "California" strawberries in my grocery store here leave much to be desired. So, if you were so inclined, and a jar or two found its way to middle America, there would be a VERY happy girl out here. I'm just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteLove you! =) Great pics, by the way, and the jam and berries look absolutely amazing!!!
Thanks for the jar of jam!!! I will have to say, it's the best! Not too sweet, not too tart...just right! Almost gone...can we have another jar:-)xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete