Friday, April 9, 2010

i love spring!

Spring is a beautiful, vivid time around here.  Our backyard is such an Eden, so when Spring comes, the new growth on the plants and trees are so bright and the flowers blooming bring a deep joy and contentment.  And I love fun, whimsical things (especially birdhouses...and bird anythings--statuaries, baths, feeders) in our backyard.  It makes me think of a quaint little Nantucket cottage with a garden that looks like something Monet would have painted.  Not sure why whimsical things would make me think of Monet's Garden--you would never see these things in his paintings but still, it lends to a time when things were simple and the pace of life was slower.  Here's a few glimpses into our backyard...



Lilac in bloom, so fragrant and so......yummy!

"Happy Valentine's Day!"








2 comments:

  1. These are great pictures, Sar! Wish I could hang out in your backyard w/ you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/20/2010

    So beautiful! I love you garden and your writing. love you so...xxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxox mom

    ReplyDelete